Mishon Safety Centre
Mishon is a fun way to share your adventures with friends and family. Most of our community uses Mishon everyday, so it isn’t surprising that parents and teachers regularly ask us for advice. We share your concerns and wish to provide a safe, fun environment for creativity and expression.
Reporting is Easy!
In-App Reporting: You can easily report inappropriate content to us right in the app. Just tap the 3 dots button top right of any post. Let us know what’s going on and we’ll do our best to help. Inappropriate content will be removed and that account will be banned or deleted.
Safety is a Shared Responsibility
Mishon is about empowering people to express themselves with their camera. We didn’t want to create a social network where you automatically friend everyone you know, or where you only see what’s most popular. Instead, we wanted to make it easier for people, publishers, and brands to tell their stories — their way. Mishon is for personal communication, not broadcasting.
Tips for Staying Safe
Your privacy and safety will always be our number one priority. There are steps you can take to make sure you stay extra safe.
1. Mishon Etiquette: Be kind and respectful to other Mishoners. Be thoughtful about what you post, and don’t send people anything they wouldn’t want to receive.
2. Posting content: Post fun and respectful content.
3. Privacy Settings: Check your private settings to be private or public. If you set it to private no user can see your posts or feed, only your friends that you add. If you are public the world can see your posts an add you as friends.
4. Friends: Mishon was made for keeping in touch with your close friends, so we’d suggest against friending anyone you don’t know in real life.
5. Community Guidelines: Read up and follow our community guidelines and try to help your friends follow them too.
6. Report Safety Concerns: If you come across something upsetting, or if anyone asks you to do something inappropriate or that makes you uncomfortable, please report it directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org — and talk to your parent or a trusted adult about it.
7. Bullying: If someone is bullying or harassing you, report the message or post to us — and talk to your parent or a trusted adult about it. You can also always block that person or leave that group where bullying is taking place.
8. Password Security: Keep your password safe and don’t share it with any other people, applications, or websites under any circumstances. We also suggest using a different password for every service you use.
9. Manage Your Discover Content: On Discover, you can watch friends’ Stories, Publisher Stories, Shows, to learn about things going on around the world. You can also decide what Discover content you’d like to see. ◦ Friends: Friends Posts and Stories are sorted based on who you keep in touch with the most, so you’ll usually see mainly the people you care about. ◦ Following: Right beside the popular section, you’ll see your favourite content from friends, publishers, creators, and other channels that you’ve subscribed to. These are sorted by which Story was updated most recently. ◦ Ambassadors: These are posts from verified Mishon professionals
10. Age Minimum: Mishon was made for people 13 and older. If you have a child under 13 using Mishon, please reach out to us with your child’s username and verification of your relationship